Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weddings


Hello. Had a really fun birthday party yesterday. The kids enjoyed painting their mugs and it was fun seeing my friend, Christy. I'm excited to see all their creations fired.

Rick and i went to a beautiful wedding reception last night. It was at the Country Club of Birmingham which is in Mountain Brook. First of all, I haven't been to a wedding in soooo long. I don't really remember the last one I went to , maybe my friend, Alicia's which was a year before Joe was born. Anyway, the color theme throughout the room was white, there was this massive display of white pillar candles glowing in the entry way, and lots of sparkly white lights and crystal type center pieces. It was beautiful and so fun to watch everyone. I definitiley felt 37 especially after seeing all the bright eyed newly married late twenty somethings. I'm very glad I bought a new blk dress for the occasion as it was dressy, Jayne, your fun dress you bought for your wedding would have been perfect! The bridesmaids wore really pretty strapless off white shantung dresses with a chocolate brown sash. They had really pretty wraps too which were perfect for the January evening. It was really beautiful but I just kept thinking, how will we ever pay for something like this for kate? Wow! Oh and dad, you would have loved this, part of the dinner buffet was an oyster bar! The servers were shucking oysters right there if you wanted them which I didn't but a lot of people did. Oh and one more thing, there was an absolute bar with ice sculptures of absolute bottles, it was just for doing shots. We didn't partake in that, I stuck to the white wine, which I think I might have had a half glass too many. oops. Oh well, Mary Catherine is married now and we wish them many blessed years!

Today, it is beautiful outside, hoping to get a walk in later and work on the mugs the kids painted. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

half a glass too many can be fun. the wedding sounds beautiful, start saving today!