Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hi

Hi everyone. We just got home from church. Well, mass wasn't 4 hours but we had a first communion meeting after church and then we got jack from sunday school and then we went to academy so rick could buy baseballs for the boys to work with and then we went to arbys b/c we were all hungry. Now, I'm finally having a min. to sit and write. Last night was lots of fun at Valerie's. I got to paint with the girls and we just sat and visited and dished about school and kids and pregnancies. It was a true girls night. Also, I got to know one of the moms who has 2 daughters, one in Joe's class and one in Jack's grade. I was happy to get a girl's view of the 5th grade b/c having boys is a whole different ball game. I remember when Kate was in that grade and there was drama about friends and clothes and boys and hair. ugh! I think there is still that same sort of drama but I don't have to hear about it b/c Jack isn't involved. Thank goodness. I'm excited to see the the bowls we painted, they're going to be really cute.

Church was nice today. I love Fr. McDade's homilies. I also love seeing my friends there and my little 2's that I teach and have taught. We also found out that Joe has the same coach as last year for baseball, we just haven't gotten the call yet. I figured that as much but when I saw a friend who has a boy Joe's age and he plays ball too, I asked if they had heard who Will's coach is. She said they had already had a practice. I looked a little upset and said we hadn't heard yet. Well, she saw another friend who knew who Joe had and she was very sweet to let me know. I was worried that just didn't draft him as his shoe wasn't tied and he didn't hit the 4 pitches that were pitched to him and he wouldn't catch any of the pop flies b/c he had hurt his finger while warming up. Anyway, all is well and we are thrilled to be on Coach Paul's team again.

I'm going to fire some pieces today, try to finish the laundry that is only taking over our state now, not the world and hopefully get a walk in as it is so nice outside.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

what is with all this laundry??? I think I've finally figured it out: if Chris works out or has practice he goes thru 2 sets of clothes a day. When T has lax practice twice a week, she's going thru 2 sets of clothes a day plus dance 2 nights a week. KJ has had one softball practice so far and one lacrosse practice so far and still does dance one night a week. First of all, I don't have TIME to do the flippin' laundry and second of all, my family is wearing too many outfits!!!! AAARRRGGGGHHH

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Oh I agree with people wearing too many outfits, Ivy the diva she is likes to run through 3-4 different combinations in a day.....just makes me crazy!!!

Unknown said...

i just try to keep up with the jeans and t shirts from the boys, they go through 2 a day too b/c they're so dirty!

Cathy said...

some day when it is just the two of you again, you will only wish that they were home and you could do their laundry....really, I'm kidding!

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

I just saw your cross on ETSY, TOO CUTE!!!!!

SHORTKIDS3 said...

i'm getting a maid...lol...just kidding...i wish!!!!