Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Grandma Mary


Grandma Maryann passed away on Sunday and tomorrow is her memorial service. I won't be able to be there but I thought I'd just say a few things on my blog.


Sweet Grandma Maryann, that is how I remember her. I am not sure if she was always sweet to everyone, I know she might have had a small temper but so do I so thats okay. She was a wonderful grandma, she loved all her grand babies and then some. Maybe I inherit my love for sweet little children from her. She always had strawberry quick in the cabinet and she let us sit on the counter in the house on purtscher drive. She never hesitated to grab a bowl and get the ice cream out and the strawberries. Her house was always in perfect condition, always! She played babies with me and loved brushing the dolls hair, I loved that. She had wonderful cheek bones and dimples, ones that a couple of my precious gifts have inherited. She would say, "come over here and let grandma ann see" She would sit and just listen to whatever we had to say, she loved knowing what we were doing and what we were interested in at the moment. I loved her and now I'm happy she is with Grandpa and family some where in heaven ,whole once again. She can see us now, and I know she is smiling with her hands clasped together right in front of her, smiling like she always did.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm glad you have wonderful memories of your grandmother. I absolutely ADORED my mom's mother. I miss her everyday.

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

You both are lucky to have such wonerful women in your life, and your families lives as well. I missed out on both sides with that, but I know that my mom is a fab grandmother and the girls love and cherish her as she does them...That is all I can ask for!!! See you both in the A.M.... Tracy I hope you feel better soon!!!

Cathy said...

what a beautiful tribute......

Unknown said...

trace, what a beautiful letter. mom printed it off at the church hall and i read it for everyone. they all loved it. thank you for writing it.