Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break!

Hi! Well, we are officially on spring break and it felt so great to sleep in. We did have major storms roll through here around 3am. Lots of lightning, thunder and even hail! Sun is out now and I think its supposed to be around80 today, whoo hoo! Jack is supposed to have a practice game this afternoon and if the fields are dry enough, we'll go to that. Kate must be in Orange beach now and hopefully her naval is not pierced! What in the world. yes, my lovely precious gift daughter called me around 4:30pm yesterday, me:"hello"
Kate:"Hi mom, what are you doing?"
me: "Hi, nothing, just pulling into the drive, what's
up?"
Kate: "nothing, I was wondering if I can get my belly
button pierced?"
me: :"WHAT? NO WAY! You can not get your sweet
belly button pierced!!"
Kate: "Mom, why? Please, it'll be a small hole, no big
deal."
me: "I don't care how small it is, you're not getting it
done!"
Kate: "Fine!" click

Haha, oh dear. Rick freaked out! I know, it is not the end of the world to have a naval piercing and the younger generation is totally into it but not yet! Rick said, geez she hasn't even been gone 12 hours and I said, Rick, she is still in Pelham! they haven't even left yet. Thankfully, Maddie didn't want one and Hannaha's mom, said no too. Whoosh, I realize that was just a battle victory for the parents, we certainly haven't won the war yet. haha.

Anyway, Jack finally got home last night but not before having two buses break down. the first one broke down in southern AL, the air conditioning was not working so they had to pull all three buses over and divey up the kids. that put them about an hour behind so rick went up to school at 7ish to get the boys and he called and said jack's bus broke down on the exit at right by the school. haha, sooo, they had to unload all the kids at school and then go up to the exit, unload all the luggage and kids and then load it back on the good bus. what in the world! they took charter buses not bogus school buses. anyway, he had a wonderful time, they got to dissect a squid, they saw, lots of sea animals and he said the marsh smelled yucky. I'm happy to have him home.

rick is preparing like crazy for his interview which is monday. I've been busy creating new designs on my crosses. i love painting them and i did one for a friend whose daughter had a baby. i'll post it later. have a great day!

Love,
me

No comments: