Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Health and Food

Okay, I just watched an episode of Oprah which I don't do very often b/c her show just sort of bugs me but this one was pretty good. She had a physician on there who was discussing foods and water and detoxing and such. What the conclusion of these tests showed was that forcing water all day long really doesn't help with how nice your skin is. Even though water is important for aiding weight loss, it won't help keep your skin nice. We do get a lot of water from eating fruits, veggies even meats. Also, detoxing really doesn't help either, he called it more jump starting your way to a more healthy diet. Eating tomatoes and tomato based foods is very important in protecting our skin from the suns damage and it helps keep it from wrinkling. Taking in 1200mg of calcium will help lose up to 6lbs of fat! Take it with magnesium to get the most benefit. I thought all of this was really helpful.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

This might sound a little weird but I eat an entire tomatoe one or two times a week. That's it. Just a tomatoe. I slice it up, put a little salt on it, eat it out of a bowl. The weird thing is, I don't like cooked tomatoes, I don't like tomatoe juice.