Tuesday, March 4, 2008

art to power napping

Alright, I learned from the expert, my mother. She is the best power napper in the whole entire world! To power nap is to just situate yourself on the sofa just so. You know you're not going to be there long but oh it is sooo good to just close your eyes and let go to a little sleep for 10-30 min. It is sooooo good for you and an art lost by most americans these days. You can't think of what else needs to be done b/c you can do it when you are up in a few min. I always do a little meditating or praying during this time and then I'm up and a new girl! I'm good for another 6 hours. It's the best ever! A little siesta is good for the soul.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I totally agree!! as you already know

Valerie said...

my mom was a napper, too. Cultures all over the world have siestas, so should we!!

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

My dad still naps! Everyday he comes home from work, has lunch then a 30-60min nap for as long as I have known him!!! He is a bugger without it!!!