Thursday, February 3, 2011

Still painting the bathroom. It's painstaking but it'll be worth it! I'm home today which I love so very much. Tried my swim skirt on that I bought last year and never wore b/c I hated the way I looked in it. After trying it on today, I am not as repulsed by what I saw, I think I'm making progress with the 1200 cals a day! Now, I'm not saying I'm exactly where I want to be but sometimes its okay to say, you know, this is good. I'm 40ish and I've had four children, the baby pouch isn't going anywhere unless I go under the knife and I'm not really willing to risk my life and miss out on all this fun on planet earth just to have a perfect tummy. So, I am cautiously optomistic that by March 12th, I will be able to wear that swim skirt out of the condo and on the beach. It's gloomy and cold here, boo on Februrary! Joe was asking last night to stay home from school today to wait for his air soft gun to arrive in the mail which may or may not come today. I said, no way dude! Jack was less than pleased to get up and get going. I think 13 and 14 must be two of the toughest years for boys. Jack is changing so much. He is eating everything in sight, growing like crazy, and he is tired! I think it was easier having Kate go through puberty than Jack even though Kate was way moodier, I think the boys make it look painful. Jack's knees hurt and his legs hurt. All those growing pains. He still has a baby face which I love so much! He is a good boy and a sweet boy and a boy that loves his daddy!! Kate was up at 5:15 this morning. She has always gotten up great, ever since forever. She hasn't had to work this week which has been nice. She's been able to go to the basketball game and to a friends birthday dinner and shes even been able to come home and take a nap. I love that! We are all looking forward to a few days at the beach. Its a crap shoot with the weather in March. Last year wasn't so warm but the year before was great. Either way, the beach is great and we always have fun. I'm excited to stay at the Sun Desitn again. It has everything we need and more and we won't be in the middle of HHS drama. I love all the kids but I do not like being in the middle of their social lives. No thank you! Speaking of the kids, It has been such a joy watching Kate and her friends grow up. They are certainly turning into wonderful girls and I love that. They all have different interests which is awesome. I can't believe in 16 months, they'll all be parting ways. I wonder what Jack and his friends will be like at 17? And oh goodness, Joe and his gang, the class of 2018! Wow!!

No comments: