Thursday, February 10, 2011

new house bug.....not so fast!

More snow in the Ham! Another two hour delay for the kids this morning. I actually love two hour delays. We all get to sleep in and just sort of take our time waking up. Kate was home again but she is definitely doing better and she'll be at school tomorrow. I know a lot of kids have been sick this week. Rick made it home from GA and we got a good walk in, even though it was chilly!! I think its going to start warming up soon and we will certainly welcome warmer temps. I love watching the buds on the trees, they're there. It won't be long and this cold weather will be a distant memory. So, I got the bug to move to a different house on Sunday. We're not moving, but I get the bug every year about this time. I'm just bored so I always start looking on line to see whats out there. I didn't look long. I saw an article that said housing prices in the metro B'ham area are down 11% from last year and last year they were down 10% from the year before. So, with that being said, we're not moving b/c I love my house, it is perfect for us. We just put the fireplace in outside and I love that, We are comfortable in our mortgage and moving really is yucky. The past two moves, we've done through LIlly coroporate. Easy breezy, they bought our house, we made good money on both houses and they supplied us with a relo card which was fabu!! They sent people in to take inventory of our stuff and then they sent people in to pack our stuff and load our stuff on the truck, including Rick's car. They moved us, unpacked us and we bought them taco bell. We paid for nothing, infact, we made good money on the deal. So, the thought of us doing that by ourselves when we are in a great house with great neighbors is really dumb! I know that most companies aren't doing big relo's anymore and they aren't buying houses from their employees. I hate that. I think if a family is going to up and relo the company should really take good care of them as it is difficult to move a family. But, companies are companies and they look at the bottom line and I"m sure it does them no good financially to buy houses in a losing market. Thankfully, we don't have to worry about that. I love living here and really don't want to move anywhere. Well, maybe south Florida or St. Thomas! I need it warm but that will be when the kids are done with college.

No comments: