Friday, February 4, 2011

Rainy Rainy Rainy! Boo on rain. Although, we did have a 2 hour delay this morning which I so love. Two hour delays are like the best of both worlds. We all get to sleep in and the kids still go to school so it counts as a full day. Whoo! Joe and I are in the process of planning his birthday party. We made out his invite list of 9 sweet boys and its going to be a roller motion party. Joe's group is too cute and I love all of them. He is super excited. Kate came downstairs this morning and said she almost cried when she was listening to Darius Rucker's song, "It won't be like this for long." She said, mom when he talks about the little girl in preschool, that reminds me of me. Aww. I said, I know, it makes me sad too. I always say being a mom is bitter sweet. Its so great and wonderful and sweet but letting go and moving forward is good but it is hard. Kate said there is a pep rally today and she hopes it would be canceled. She usually gets to scoot out of school before the pep rallys but she said this one is in the middle of school. She hates them. I think the only ones who like the pep rallys are the kids who are trying to pep everyone up and maybe the mothers who are there to watch them, which totally makes sense. I remember when I was a cheerleader, I loved them but not so much when I wasn't on the gym floor. I think the football season rally's are probably better but Kate says no. lol. Jack informed me he and Carson are going fishing tomorrow and then he is staying the night at Carson's and they're going to Buffalo's to watch the big fight. Love it when Jack has a plan. He is usually scheduling Rick down to sharing a diet coke together. I know he'll be back home to watch the superbowl with his daddy in the man cave! I'm still working on the bathroom although it is mostly finished. Now its just accessorizing, buying new towels, fun bath things and I'm going to paint several canvases to hang in there. The trim is going to take me a hundred years to finish in the house but I can do it, one room at a time. I'd love to go out for a run today but it is so nasty that I think I'll have to pass. Although, I realize I'm a little slow to jump on this, I kind of want to try out zumba. My friend, CArrie and I want to take a class but I think I'm going to buy the dvd first so I can get used to the moves. I haven't danced in so long but geez, I see all kinds of people zumbaing so I am sure I can get the hang of it. It looks like Rick and I will be going to Hawaii in May! Rick is so excited and proud of his team for doing so great. It is really hard in the pharma world these days to earn trips and good bonuses. He had a fabulous year last year and he deserves gold cup! Years ago, in the good ole days of pharma it wasn't so tough but things have changed so much and pharma is very much watched by big brother so when you hear a pharma team has earned a trip, you know they really really earned it! Yay Rick Leventry! It hasn't been officially announced yet but the numbers pretty much put him in 1st or 2nd, top 3 go. I've never been to Hawaii, I mean, you can stick me on the beaches of Destin, FL and I'm happy, but I don't see us getting to Hawaii anytime soon so this will be neat. We just need to be back for 5th grade graduation. If it overlaps, I'm going to have to forfeit, b/c I will not miss my sweet Joe  Joe walking down the halls of SSC! I'm so excited for Lauren! This weekend she is moving out of the basement and into an apartment. Whoo! This is such a neat time for her, doing things on her own and finding her way. she has done so great, Rick and I are so proud of her as I know her parents are too. I'm looking forward to sending her valentines package too, it has some fun things in there for her new place.

No comments: