Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another Sunday on tap, the Super bowl nonetheless. it is actually nice outside and and sunny. Kate is at her ACT class. She is taking the 8 week class, a lot of kids took the one day class at the high school today. Some of her friends have private tutors. We chose this route, we'll see what happens. Rick just pruned the crepe myrtle out front. If he killed it, I won't cry b/c I really want a white one, that one is pink. I don't love the pink with our brick but if it lives, thats fine too. Joe is still at Ryan's and I hear Jack on the xbox. He was hoping to go fishing today but no such luck. Kate and I went to Saks last night to look at their formal dress selection. We've bought all her dresses there except two and this year we were really disappointed. They didn't have a good selection at all. They actually have a lot of last years out on the floor. She did try on a beautiful white dress which would be good on her with her hair and with a tan. The dress was gorgeous, it had an organza rouched bodice and it had fabric rosettes on the skirt, it reminded us of a cupcake. The only problem was is Kate really needed to be 6' tall to wear it. Thank goodness it wasn't the perfect dress b/c it was $510.00! Thats a little over what I like to spend but I know if she loved it and it was perfect I would have totally bought it b/c I have a soft spot for dresses. She still wants to go to Cullman and to Jasper to look at dresses so I guess we'll do that some time soon. This is our first spring that we don't have a child playing baseball. I was a little sad that Jack didn't want to play anymore but I have to say, its actually really nice. He is running track and as long as he does something, I'm fine. I want him to run cross country in the fall at the highschool. I know a lot of boys are going out for football. I hear there are 80 boys out for freshman football. Jack hates lacrosse so that is not an option for him. And he isn't a soccer player. I told him to just pick something to do and get involved. Hoover is too big to not do something. Kate has done a lot at the school and she has met a lot of great friends that way. It'll be fun to see what Joe chooses. He loves football now but he has a few years before high school. I hope he continues to play. I think the football program is really great at HHS and coach Niblett would be great to play for. We shall see.

No comments: