Friday, February 18, 2011

Just posted a couple of links about running. Lord knows I'm not a  natural runner. I wish I looked like this girl in the picture but sadly, I do not. ha.  I went out for track when I was a freshman in hs because I thought the track coach was cute. Okay, wait, I should back up a second. I went to the track meeting to see about going out for track. The coach was cute but not that cute. I didn't end up going out for the spring sport. Running is hard for me but I actually got pretty good at it when Kate was a baby. I ran four miles every single day and sometimes on Sunday, I'd run 6. It got to a point where it was easy and I really really liked it. Then I had Jack and I ran after he was born. I'd push him in the jog stroller while Kate was at preschool. After Joe, it got a little harder and then we moved to Indianapolis and I just couldn't get my groove back and then we moved to Birmingham and omg the hills are sooo hard! So that brings me to today, or I should say yesterday b/c up until yesterday I was running the flat areas and walking  up the hills. With spring break three weeks away and I have a certain goal in mind, I pushed myself to run the two hills I've been avoiding. I ran over by the preserve the other day and there are some decent hills there, they're more gradual than the one in front of my house but I ran them, I did it. I figured if I could run those hills, I can certainly run the ones out front. Maybe doing that will blast my hips and thighs into shape! that would be nice. Rick always says exercise is about 2 weeks behind. So what I'm doing today should be noticeable by spring break. We'll see!

No comments: