Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Had a wonderful day just working around the house, ran a couple of miles, did an arm work out, painted some trim, did some yoga, cleaned a little, Teresa comes tomorrow! Oh how I love Teresa. lol. She is fabulous! Can't believe she's been with us almost a year. Just chatted with Kate about colleges. I think she is excited and nervous all at the same time. I think the kids think that college is going to be this amazingly awesome experience and I keep telling Kate, its life. Just because you're in college doesn't mean that much changes. You're older, you have more responsibility and its important to remember that. She has had a really great high school career. She loves her friends and she loves her classes. I want her to enjoy right now! I keep telling her she will never get this time back. I know all parents tell their kids that and children of course are like, blah blah blah whatever. haha.

She is so excited about prom and her dress! She and her friends bought their dresses last week. You really have to buy early or the one you love will be gone. Last year Kate went with a senior and it was his prom, she loved her dress, we loved her dress and it was perfect for her. She looked fabulous in it.  This year is her junior prom and she is excited to do some sparkle. Kate likes classic, simple, yet timeless. She has always said she doesn't like anything too "prommy". Some girls just try too hard. Kate always says, "It's a dance not a recital." Kate and her friends seem to choose very classic dresses which look so great on them. This year's dress is similar to last years as it is strapless, and it is straight but it definitely has a punch to it! It is old hollywood and she and her date will be gorgeous! Both Kate and her date will be on sb together so hopefully they'll both be sporting tans. I'm sure they will. I love seeing  she and her friends dressed up, I know they'll be so beautiful and so excited! I'm glad she got to go last year, she had a great time. This year will be really neat as she will be with her friends from forever and that will be great. Hard to believe they're getting so old!

No comments: