Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spring Fever Sunday!

It is an aboslutely gorgeous morning! Rick is out at the lease with Jim predator hunting. Thank God he has a hobby that he adores and can go and do boy things. I think he and Jack are going to fish later this afternoon. Kate is working the Mercedes event for belles. Once again she gets to wear her beautiful yellow dress and the temp will be just right for it b/c that is a lot of dupioni silk to wear! She also has her act class this evening. Maybe Joe and I will make it to the preserve today. He has to work on a project with his friend and classmate, JP. I think they're doing their project on the Alamo. I really don't know. Joe doesn't really seem to know either. Thankfully, Pam knows. I said I'd bring the paints and all craft items for them to use. We learned yesterday that Hoover is rezoning again. Okay, what really needs to happen is people need to stop building houses here! Seriously, we are full. no more! I know building is progress blah blah blah but we are progressed out. This is what is happening in the fall for the kids and the schools. There will be no more freshman at the freshman center. The freshman will go to the senior campus. Now I know scores of kids have done this in the past and survived. I realize that but I loved having Kate at the freshman center. She loved the freshman center. This is the year that the two middle schools come together and having them in one place together is really great. They really have a good opportunity to meet new people and get to know the people in their class. Now, I do kind of like the idea that Kate and jack will be at the same school next year. That is kind of neat. Just thinking about little Jack at the big high school makes me a little sad. Now on to Joe. The 5th and 6th graders from SSC, DV & Trace will go to the freshman center which I guess will be called an intermediate school. Its a great facility and they're so lucky to get to use it! Then after the intermediate school the 7th graders will head to Bumpus for 7th and 8th grade. Which makes sense b/c of all the sports. Kids can't participate in sports at Bumpus until 7th grade anyway. So thats that. I think they're planning on builing on to HHS. Its crazy really. Poor planning in several areas. But as much as I love Hoover and I really do, I see it all the time, poor planning. They build subdivisions w/o the roads to support all the people moving into them. It is all so backwards and I'm sure will eventually be fine as they just go in and do the roads later. Its really amazing that the city planning people couldn't forsee any of the progress happening. Its been growing like crazy for 20 years here.
HHS


Freshman campus

Rick and kate belles

No comments: