Thursday, February 17, 2011


Another beautiful day today in the 'Ham! I had a meeting this morning and then I puttsed around at Target before the fun run at Joe's school.  Sooo happy I could be there to see him run and run and run. He really is a natural runner like Rick and he loves it. Days like today are exactly why I dropped back to two days a week at the play school. I love being able to see everything Joe's doing in 5th grade. I know he loves for me and Rick to be there. Next year might be a whole different story when he is a big 6th grader! All the kids seemed super excited about the run and the HHS cheerleaders were there too which was cute. I was actually surprised there weren't more parents there. Maybe a lot of moms and dads couldn't leave work for it. I understand that as that was me last year. Rick went though.  5th grade is such a crazy year as far as the difference in boys and girls. I remember when Kate was that age, she was taller than all the boys and now she is only 5'2.  There are a couple of really tall girls in Joe's class. I know we don't grow very tall people here at the Leventry's but that doesn't mean we don't try. :)

Jack seems excited about his schedule for freshman year. He is applying to be in the Law Academy. Kate has truly enjoyed being a part of Law at HHS. It is a lot of extra work for being an elective but it has taught her how to research and write papers. Kate is very driven when it comes to work and studying. She works hard for every A she gets. She is sometimes up all night working on law papers and knows that she never wants to be a lawyer. We've told Jack that its a lot of hard work being in an academy at the high school. He is really going to have to step up his studying game to do well. I believe he can do it, he will just have to make up his mind that it is important.  He is really so smart but sometimes, he is tends to be a little lazy about going the extra mile. Hopefully that is just his fuzzy 14 year old hormones talking right now and he'll get past that!

Soo Spring Break is coming up in 3 weeks! We are so very ready for it and we all need a break from our usual routine. Going to the beach means swim suits, cover ups, flip flops, sunscreen even if its chilly, beach towels and who knows what else. Kate needs some new swim suits, and I need to find a couple of new tops. Loved the red strapless swim top crazy Michelle wore on the bachelor the other night. I like my shoulders and I hate wearing anything around my neck so I hate halters. The sprapless seems to be the best choice. Its just hard finding a really cute one that will last more than one season although my very favorite top came from the Panama City Beach Wal Mart several years ago! It's the one I'm wearing in this pic with Lauren. I don't know if I will be able to squeeze one more season out of it. Being 40, its hard finding one with a nice fit! The search continues. Kate and I found several cute Betsey Johnson suits for her at everything but water. A little pricey but the fit was great so we need to head back there and buy them!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

love this top wish I could wear it!