Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I hope Joe and the 5th grade are having a great time at Camp McDowell. I miss him. There is no way I would be able to send him off to camp for the summer. I would miss him too much. That might be selfish of me but I can't help it. I had friends growing up who went to camp for the whole summer. I used to want to go and maybe it would have been good for me but I had fun tooling around, "the heights", enjoying velvet freeze and swimming at the country club, not that we belonged to the country club but I had friends that belonged to all three and therefore, I got to go too! We had fun swimming in our pool in the back yard, playing "olympics" and the jaws game. haha. Good times. Its so funny looking back at the pictures of those summers. What did we do all day long though, like from morning til night? I guess we would just hang out and play. I'm trying to organize an envelope of Kate's pictures from when she was little and through the years for her year book ad. I know I won't have to have it ready until the beginning of the school year but I want to be sure good pics are put in the year book, and it's so crazy now with digital cameras and such, pictures are in folders on my computer and I have to go through them and get them on a cd. It is amazing how much the kids change over the years and yet they stay the same too. Kate still gives that look like, "really?" Jack still hangs his head when he doesn't get his way, just like he did in the park in Chicago when he was with Grandma Midge and he didn't have a truck to play with like the other boy at the park. I think this picture of Kate and Maddie will make its way to the y.b. I love it! It was taken the summer before their freshman year at HHS up at Wabigama.

No comments: