Wednesday, February 16, 2011

(whidbey Island)
It is absolutely gorgeous outside today! Love days like this. I ran preserve parkway after work today. I just needed some different scenery and running in bluff park is always nice esp. the preserve. I think I'd like to live in there when the kids are all gone. Our house will be paid off so we can just take the money from this house and buy one of the cute cottages in there. I think I ran about 3 miles today which is great and there are some hills on that road! I got to do a 20 min. work out this morning before work and Rick and I will probably walk later. I love our walks, thats when we get our talk time in. We've always done that even before Kate was born. I remember walking down Forrest Hill 7.5 months pregnant, it must have been the February thaw b/c it was warm but there was still some snow on the ground. Rick and I walked Kate when she was a baby in the evenings and we walked Kate and Jack in the double stroller when Jack was a baby and when Joe was a baby we'd let Kate walk, push Jack and use the baby back pack for Joe. So, I guess our walks have really been an important part of our relationship. Come to think of it, we used to take hikes when we lived out on Whidbey Island. They usually ended up with me running into a huge tree or tripping over a tree root but they were fun.

Vonnie and I had a wonderful day with the babies today. Our room is so fun and sweet and I think all the babies are now walking. Ha and their personalities are coming out, they're so darn cute! We were laughing today because we were having to tell the babes, don't step on your friends, don't push your friends, be sweet to your friends, don't walk on your friends. haha. I said, omg, everything we are saying to them, pertains to teenagers too. lol. So funny how the rules are the same from 1 to 90 years of age. All the other rooms got to go outside today which was so great for them. We had a sleeping baby at noon so we didn't get to partake in the early spring sunshine but thats okay. Maybe next week.

Joe will be home in about a half an hour. He was one grouchy 10 year old this morning. Whoo! he is usually sooo sweet and loving but he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and he was having none of it. Hopefully, he has had a great day and he is happy when he gets off the bus. I love being here when he gets home. Jack and Joe both always walk in the door and say "hey". I would be so sad if I wasn't here to say "hey" back. Kate is working today, Jack has track. I think Jack went to the freshman center today but I just read an email saying that the freshman in the fall will for sure be going to HHS. the 5th and 6th grade will for sure be going to the intermediate school aka Freshman Center. Whatever. It'll all be fine. I'm excited Jack and Kate will be together. Joe wants to go to the intermediate school. He's excited about meeting new kids from Trace and DVE. Although he loves his gang too.

Hair and Make up appointments have been made for Kate for prom. I don't think kate has had time look at hair styles. Last year she wore it down but I think I'd to see her with big soft curls and maybe a side loose bun. Who knows, whatever she chooses will be beautiful. Lauren is booking her flight tonight so she can be here on Thurs evening so she won't miss one thing for the big Friday prep! I'm anticipating Kate and Lauren will be doing all of that together. I may not get to tag along. Thats okay, it'll be so special for them to be together.

No comments: