Sunday, August 12, 2007

A piece of Americana!


I came across one of Kate's old Abercrombie jean cut offs. I thought, I loved cut off shorts when I was younger. Really, there isn't a piece of clothing that says Americana like cutoff jeans! Kenny Chesney even sings about them in his song about Summer!I'm also remembering the summer I really wanted a pair of jean shorts, not cut offs but the real deal in my opinion at the time, the ones that were made that way, it must have been 1978 and I didn't get them but my mom did buy me for my birthday, a resin plant pot thing that was a pair of jean shorts. Seriously, mom, couldn't you have just popped for another 5.00 and bought me the real thing?? haha. Maybe that is where my real inspiration came from for this little painting. :)
I know I'll never forget that plant holder.

No comments: