Thursday, August 30, 2007

Looking at Houses





I'm going to look at a couple of houses tomorrow. Not that I don't love my house, I really do, its just that I really want Hoover High to pretty much be in my back yard. I know that sounds crazy but kate will be driving in a couple of years and I don't want her to have to drive far to school. Here are a couple of houses I'm looking at. We aren't moving soon but it is sort of nice to get an idea of what is out there for the money. The deal is, the one subdivision that we've always loved is about 12 years old and the houses are as much if not more than the newer homes. People pay for the location, even though the houses are very nice and they have nice mature trees, they might need a little updating and maybe some wallpaper stripped. We'll see. This particular subdivision is right in the middle of everything, thats really where we want to be. We wanted to be there when we first looked here but there wasn't anything we liked at the time. So here we go again. The market here is slow so I'm sure it will take a long time to sell our house. The one great thing we have going for us that a lot of homes don't have here is an awesome basically flat back yard. That will sell our house. Anyway, its always fun to look at new houses and our realtor is really nice and fun too. Here are a couple I'm looking at tomorrow. Don't look for an address change from us too soon, this is going to be a long process.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

One of my favorite websites is: www.forsale-byowner.com
I check it several times a day.

Cathy said...

i predict in one month you will have a new address!

Unknown said...

haha, we will not have a new address in a month. i won't even have my house ready to sell in a month. only saw one house that i liked today. thats okay, we have lots of time.