Friday, March 11, 2011

Sun is shining!!! Amen!

Thank God for the sun! I think its been almost a week since we've seen the sun here in the Ham. I was doing okay until yesterday. I ran some errands in the morning, called Lauren, we chatted for a bit then I went home ate lunch and crawled back in bed. I was there about 2 min, and got a text from Lauren saying she craweld back in bed too all the way in IA! ha, we are so much a like it is crazy, love love love that girl. I didn't stay there long but it was warm and cozy and Ralph and Owen snuggled with me. I figured it was probably the last cold day we were going to have so I just honored it and snuggled under the covers! Joe had his field trip today to the Ironworks cival war site. He was pretty excited about it.I think he was more excited about taking a Mt. Dew to school for his lunch, wearing his hat and gym shorts. ha. Thats my Joe! We had some time in the car to chat and I was talking with him about Lent. I explained why we recognize it and about Jesus spending 40 days and nights in the desert fasting and praying. I told him that it isn't always necessary to give something up. Sometimes its good to add something to your life, something positive that is a struggle. He decided he'd work harder in spelling. He hates spelling so I told him that was definitely a sacrifice. We talked about not eating meat on Fridays. He said, "mom, does this go into football seaosn?" I was like, dude, its only 6 weeks. He said he was glad b/c he needs to eat meat during football. We are pretty much packed and ready to go to Destin. Bought Kate a couple more suits. I swear, girls are expensive! "mom, I"m going to be at the beach for 7 days and I only have 4 suits."  "oh and mom, I think I need a green suit for the 17th" She says that every single year. So, we bought a couple of suits, a big floppy chocolate brown hat that brings her brown eyes out and all the stuff to fill her make up bag. I'm glad she is cognizant of sunscreen. I know I wasn't at her age and wow, I wish I had been. When I was her age though, we didn't really know about sunscreen. We called it tanning lotion. haha, cracks me up to hear my dad call it that still. I burned a lot when we went to PCB in the '80s and I watch my skin closely for changes. I don't want her to worry and have to think about that. She has learned that she can still get a golden tan by being careful and using sunscreen every day. You can always use bronzer on the face! Jayne is on her way and we are ready for her to get here. I think our weather is going to be great and I know the boys are excited. My next post will be from the Emerald Coast!


kids in Sendai!

Before I sign off... I'd like to say that prayers are definitely with the people of Japan. Sendai is where Karyn and Rick spent several years while playing baseball. I'm sure it is surreal for her to watch the footage on tv. I remember talking to her on the phone while an earthquake was going on. So scary. She always said they worried about the "big"quake. I wonder if this was it. I hope there are no more.

No comments: