Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pray Now!

Had an extremely overwhelming urge to sit down and pray today. Like, sit down right now and pray. I have no idea what I was supposed to be praying for so I picked up Joe's rosary, its a glow in the dark rosary that he got in 2nd grade and I grabbed the "how to pray the rosary" booklet out of the laundry room. I mean, I know the basics of the rosary but I wanted to really do it right and it turns out I forgot a few glory be's in there but I think that's okay. I prayed a different prayer intention for each Hail Mary and Our Father. Hopefully they covered all the bases for "Pray Right Now!" I wasn't sure if I was supposed to pray for Japan so I did, I prayed for safety for my children and health for my family. I prayed for everyone who is ill, for the middle east, for our country, for my friends, my grandparents who are in heaven and for my grandma here .  Mary, Jesus' mother has come up recently in several conversations, and when I read Heaven is For Real, it was noted that she sits at God's feet. I love how special she is and I love that I've been raised to know her. She was a mother, do I believe she only had one child, nope even though as a Catholic, I should believe that. I've never professed to being a great Catholic, there are several positions the church holds that I don't fully agree with. That is obviously a totally different post, different day and week. But I'm happy that I have a way to meditate and pray and stay focused on my prayers as God listens. Praying the rosary today reminded me of the pink rosary I received at my first confession. I wish I still had it. I really wanted the jewel toned one that Msg. Rank was handing out. He went every other one with the pink and the jewel toned one. I remember figuring out  not long after he started down the line of us girls that I'd get the pink one. It's funny that I was disappointed b/c I love pink but I remember to this day that I LOVED the other one. I think Alicia got the other one. It's also funny that today, I  prayed the rosary not on a beautiful stone one, but a plastic glow in the dark one which I think is quite cool. I love glow in the dark things!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

isn't it funny how sometimes you just get hit with pray right now...and you may never know why but you will always be happy that you did. I think Mary had more than 1 child or at least I hope that she did..