Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Found out today that Jack will be following in Kate's footsteps right into law academy at HHS! He is excited. I told him it is super hard and he'll be expected to do as well as Kate has. I know he'll bring his own unique talents to the table. Kate has done a wonderful job making a nice path for her brothers to follow. We've met some great teachers because of Kate's class choices. Also found out JOe has strep. It was so weird, he threw up again in the middle of the night. I took him to the dr. this morning and yep, he tested positive for strep. Easy breezy treatment. He never had a sore throat or a fever. I made it to bootcamp today. Umm, it was soooo very hard! We did all kinds of insane things and when we were done with those things, Tatum made us do another ridiculous set of insane things and then we moved on to the circuit! I was thinking in my head "why in the world do I pay this woman to do this to me?" ha. but now that I'm home, I'm happy I did it! Kate has been enjoying getting back to the gym too. I'm glad she has a good work out that she does. Lauren is really good about eating healhty and exercising too. I truly believe that if teenagers exercise on a regular basis then they'll most likely take those habits with them throughout their life. I'm not talking about organized sports or dancing, I mean, truly exercising, making time for running, lifting some weights those things. Those are the things that are important as we age. LIfe gets in the way so often after high school and a good foundation of basic exercise is always a plus to take on to college. I know I've mentioned my friend who still takes ballet. I love that she is dedicated to it. It shows, she looks so great. Most girls don't continue with dance once they're married with kids and when cheerleading and football is over, that is when the basic exercises come in handy. I think I've taught my kids how to eat healthy, they don't always choose healthy foods but they know what is good for them and what is not. I know once they're on their own, they'll have to learn how to handle portion control and all that good stuff. When Rick and I were first married, we would order out all the time. Oh goodness, ha to look back at those pictures is soo not funny. Yikes! Maybe being one who has to work hard at staying in shape will eventually pay off. Hopefully, I'll have strong bones as I age. Ohh speaking of aging. I invested in a really good eye cream. I've been meaning to do that for some time and I did it today. It has all the good stuff in it. They say the eyes are the first part of the face to show age. I have to agree. I can see the underneath eye skin is changing and I don't like it one bit!

No comments: