Sunday, March 6, 2011

Family Visits

So yesterday was blah. It rained and rained and rained. Everyone who knows me, knows I hate rain! It totally demotivates me. I finished reading the book, Heaven is For Real.  I loved it! Rick's parents came over around 3:00. We visited for a long while and when Kate got home from work, we all went to dinner at Lucia's. The food there is so yummy, I'm not a fan of the actual dining room but the food is worth it! Kate and I split the veggie pizza and I think everyone else enjoyed spaghetti. We saw friends of ours there which was fun and we made plans to see them next week at the beach. After dinner we went to the Whole Scoop for dessert. I saved up all day by not eating so I could enjoy dinner and ice cream last night. It was well worth the sacrifice. We got home, Kate changed clothes and went to a friends house, Rick's parents went to their hotel and I crawled in bed with a very full tummy. Thankfully, the rain is gone but it is one of those typical dreary cloudy, cool March days. Rick and I drove to the high school to walk, sometimes it's nice just walking/running some where a little different and its a mile around the high school. We did two miles. It was a little windy for me. Owen scratchd my right eye this morning on accident and the wind was irritating it. So, I was happy to get a couple of miles in and then we went to Publix to buy this weeks groceries. Since we are leaving in 6 days for Destin, this week is the battle of the bloat. There is nothing worse than going to the beach feeling fat!  So, I bought some weight watcher dinners for me and lots of lemons and veggies. Now, once I"m at the beach, I will definitely be enjoying yummy food but this week not so much. We saw a good friend of ours at the store this morning. She is so happy and she shared some wonderful news with us. Yay!!! Kate is at her ACT class today. She is so ready for a break! I think all the kids are. This week coming up is going to be busy. I'm working Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs is Jack's breakfast at school and Friday is busy with appointments. Hopefully the sun will come out and make everything happy!

No comments: