Wednesday, March 2, 2011

relo to Peoria?

So today, Rick texted me and said that he was offered the Chicago speciality district. The guy offering the job to him had done his homework. He knew we were from Peoria and said that we could live there. For a second, I thought, wow, it would be so great to be close to everyone and then I thought, there is no way I can live up north again. We promised Kate when we moved here that we wouldn't move her again. We are pretty rooted in the Hoover community and we really love it. I just want everyone to move by me. :) I understand that its hard to up and move so I'm always thankful for the easy ways we can communicate like we never stopped chatting. I'm sure Rick was flattered to be offered the job, there was a time when we would have entertained a big move but for now we are staying.

Just got done working out. Ran the hills again and they're getting easier which is so great! I've always been an exerciser, pretty much ever since forever. Seriously. I remember doing exercises with my mom when I was 8 years old. I danced for a long time and then in the '80s while I was in high school, I did aerobics at the gym. I'm glad the habits I had then have stayed with me as I've gotten older. I have a good friend who still takes ballet at least twice a week. I love that! I took several classes with her a few years ago but I just wanted something that wasn't so advanced. I'd scoot out when we went to center. I had to tease her b/c she said that it was an adult ballet class and I know 18 years of age is considered an adult by the military's standards but not really by mine. I just felt like everyone was a little more with the program than I was. I would definitely consider taking a ballet class again if it were truly adults, like moms, like my age!  Kate is an exerciser. She loves it and is like me, she is happier when she is in a good exercising mode. I told her that she will most likely have to exercise her whole life just like me. That isn't a bad thing. Most people do. I'm happy she has good habits now so she will take them with her as she goes to college and beyond. Lauren inherited the crazy food and exercising gene from me. She is the same way, always watching what she is eating, and careful to  budget her time for a work out. I hope the boys do the same as they get older. I want them to enjoy working out and feeling good. I love seeing the kids adopted healthy habits.

Kate said the boys are getting fitted for their tuxes tonight. I can't wait to see them all dressed up! They're going to look so great. Her date's mom is going to order the boutonniere and corsage together so they'll match. She said she is going to do daisies and sweetheart roses with rhinestones for Kate's corsage. It will be soo pretty and match her dress beautifully. Yay!!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I would so love it if you moved back, but I do understand why you don't but I really would love!

Unknown said...

I know. I would love to be closer too. It's hard but for now we are here and you are all there.