Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ahh, yes another gloomy day! Not sure what happend to the sunshine but it disappeared this morning. Even so, I still enjoyed being with the babies. We only had 3 today which was nice. Vonnie and I always find things to talk about and I love everyone at the playschool.  We were talking today about how as a teacher you spend a 9 months with the children and they love you and you love them and then, bam! They totally forget you. haha. I always say that we plant seeds of love in their hearts to take with them as they grow up. We are all ready for break. I know my kids are ready. Its like they've hit a wall and thats it! Junior year is the hardest year academically in high school. Kate pushes herself and I think at this point in the game, she is done. I'm ready for her to get to the beach and just chill. Jack is a fuzzy 14 year old. Like I've said before, it is painful to watch him walk. He is growing and chaning every day.  It's reassuring to look around at Kate's guy friends and see they made it through being 14. Joe is easy breezy. It's great being 11. No hormones yet, he's still little and super super cute. I know he will be changing a lot in the next 2 or so years. We were laughing the other day about the family picture of the Leventry's. Rick is probably 14 and Ellen is maybe 10. Rick is sporting the biggest baddest zit in the middle of his chin! haha. If I were his mother, I probably would have canceled the picture session but she didn't. She trudged through and now Rick's lovely crater zit is there for all of us to see every time we visit Athens! I remember being that age. Oh goodness, I hated it! I was never fat or chubby but I remember feeling so awkward and just lumpy. My teeth were a mess. Thankfully, I never had issues with acne and Rick really didn't either. It's tough being a kid. Bless their hearts!

No comments: