Saturday, April 5, 2008

Saturday

Hi! It is still wet and cloudy outside but I sort of love all the contrasting colors with the gray clouds and the green grass and my garden right by the house is really starting to pop. I even have a rose bud on my orangey rose bush. Can't wait to see it. The crepe myrtles are starting to bud and get leaves on them and my pink lantana is coming up. I can't find my verbena from last year, it must be under all the new mulch. I can always replace it, it isn't expensive but my tiger lillies and day lillies are really looking beautiful, this is their 4th year and I probably should divide them now. I have a clematis that I planted in my garden under the deck last year and I thought for sure it croaked with the drought but it is growing like crazy! The hydrangeas are all doing good too. I need to get out there and clean it up. i think the sun is supposed to pop out later on so maybe i can do it then.

I think baseball is canceled for today. I haven't called the rain out number yet but i bet the fields are soaked. that means i can just putts around the house today. yay! Joe has a birthday party later on today at the bowling ally. should be fun.

Have a great Sat!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

the garden sounds like it is going to be beautiful,makes me wish that ours was that far along, it could still snow here!

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Take pics of the garden I bet it looks so fun! We need to divide our hasta, it is so hardy and grows HUGE!!!!

Valerie said...

wow. listen to you. sound like a regular mr. green jeans!

Unknown said...

ha, i keep thinking i need help, i need to call someone! lorna road anyone?