Sunday, April 6, 2008

prices

Okay, i'm only taking a moment on this as it is a little pointless but as V says, its my blog and I'll say it if i want to. Prices on groceries have totally gone up! I know that people were talking about this a few months ago but seriously, they are out of control. I guess its the trickle down of fuel prices but bananas were .49lb and now they're .69lb, my fav. spaghetti sauce used to be .99 now its 1.40. what in the world! crazy. wine is still a good deal, thank goodness b/c we're all going to need more of it to cope with the outrageous prices out there! Oh and btw, Wal mart had some really cute fun house ware things FYI, not that I love wal mart but, hey, if its cute, it's cute and thats that!

2 comments:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

I don't care where good bargins can be found, as long as they are quality! I agree with the elevated food prices.....my food bill has gone up, hate that!!!

Valerie said...

I've always thought food prices were higher here vs. any other place we've lived. That 9% tax doesn't help. Our taxes in NY were 6 3/4, taxes in Cincy were 6%. Really look at your grocery bill next time and see how much that 9% tacks onto your bill, multiply that by 52 weeks if you do weekly shopping. It really adds up.