Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Dawg Days of Summer are in full swing with the fall right of passage just days away. Soon the chants of passionate fans from all corners of the south will be heard. As the Tide Rolls in to the Gator Chomps and Rattling Cow Bells, Commodore Cannons in all the various Bull Dog Pounds will be heard. No matter if you scream Go Tigers or War Eagles, Gamecocks, Rebels or Pig Sewee, VOLS! or CATS, the fans will all have their moments. There is one thing for sure, "It's Football Time in the S.E.C.!"



So excited for football season. Its so much more than just a game. Its funny because I grew up around football. My dad still coaches high school football but I didn't love it until I moved south. Every school has traditions and mascots and team colors but there is something special about the SEC. My northern family and frineds always give me a huge sigh and whatever and major eye rolling but its true. I'm a traditional person, I love all of it! I love getting together in the quad with our friends, I love seeing people I know in Tuscaloosa. Living in Hoover, it is quite possible that we'll know some of the kids on the team. Its all fun and happy and even if Alabama loses, we've had a great day. I'm happy to say, I've been a Bama fan since I was small. There is a picture of my dad holding me as a baby and he has a Bama shirt on. We need to find it! I swear I lived here in lives past. So when my sweet daughter says, mom, stop trying to be southern, I just say, I can't help it! Roll tide!

Now on to the Bucs! This is Kate's senior year, I know I've said that in previous posts but its a big year for the seniors. This group of boys playing football many of them Kate's friends have only lost mybe 2 games ever, well maybe 3 including last years state game but the two previous ones they were freshman or sophomores and probably not even on the field. They've been playing together since first grade, a good handful of them and this is their year! Saw on fox news last night that Pratville is number 1 in the country! Wow. That is awesome. Hoover is 70th. Rick and I rewound our dvr several times b/c we weren't sure if the sportscaster said 7th or 70th. Well, it was 70th, shoot! To be ranked at all nationally is awesome and we're excited to see the Bucs play at the SHIP! Go Bucs!

No comments: