Thursday, May 22, 2008

Well, we've almost made it through our totally whacky week! Jack's graduation was precious. I love how our school lines all the children k-4 in the halls and as the 5th graders make their way down to the cafeteria with their classes, all the younger children clap for them. It is really sweet and a total tear jerker. Jack was excited about his day, he looked so nice in his new clothes and I think he even liked his new shoes, how nice to see him in something other than tennis shoes. Another sweet thing at the graduation was all the younger siblings, and there are a bunch of them sat up front on the floor for the ceremony. It was all so sweet. The speaker for the ceremony was Jack's teacher's brother. He was in Iraq two times and truly loved being there and helping others and serving our country. The second time he was there, his jeep was hit by a road side bomb and he lost his left leg and arm. He told the kids instead of acting big, be big. I thought that was really a nice and simple but challenging thing to tell the kids, hopefully they'll make good decisions in the future and remember what Lt. Galloway said at their graduation. The pool party was great! All the kids were so good and the day was beautiful. Jack had a wonderful time. I enjoyed visiting with a lot of the moms and Jack's teacher. I brought two friends back with me b/c their moms had conflicts and I didn't mind having them here with us. Jack went to the movies last night with two different friends and this was the first time, the girls met them there. haha. Seriously, i think kate gave me at least a day to breath before she asked to go to the movies. Anyway, kate, joe and i went shopping and then to dinner and then we went back to the rave to pick up the boys. It was fun to listen to the silly boys talk about their evening. I finally had to go down to the basement at 1am to tell the boys to go to sleep. they were still going strong. joe slept in my bed even though he really wanted to hang with the big boys. Kate is off to school this morning. she gets out at 11 and i think the 8th graders are watching a dvd type slide show of their year. After today, i'll have three children at three different schools. i love that their all fairly close to each other!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

what an exciting day you had! That would be fun to see all of the younger children lined up cheering for the 5th graders soon to be 6th graders...I think that I would probably cry too.
Jack looked so grown up in his new clothes, a handsome sign of things to come

Valerie said...

I would have been crying like a baby listening to the guest speaker. Are you kidding me? I was holding back the tears at the 8th grade ceremony when Raza sang. I think I saw a speck of sentiment in Chris's eye, too.