Friday, August 8, 2008


Valerie got me thinking about my favorite olympic memory. I always love the gymnastics and after watching Nadia in '76, I wanted to be a gymnast. It didn't take me long to figure out that I did not enjoying flipping backwards. I also love watching the skaters but I worry that they're going to fall and get hurt on that ice. Ouch! My favorite memory has to be the American hockey team winning gold! Wow, that was sure fun. I remember we were all gathered at Grandma and Grandpa Metz's for the event. I think Jerry and Jeny were even here. We were all watching the game in the family room on the one tv they had. It was really fun and everyone was excited. What a great memory!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I get chills everytime they play "Do you believe in Miracles???" which I'm pretty sure wasn't even said during the gold medal winning game. I think it was said during the game that kept the US in medal contention (hubster can confirm this).

Cathy said...

I so remember that memory. Dad is the only one who wasn't there. He was at a wrestling match in Bloominton. How exciting it was!