Friday, August 8, 2008

Hello. It's Friday! I love Fridays. It is my favorite day of the week. All three kids had great days at school yesterday! Kate said she was pleasantly surprised at how much better it was than she had thought. Does that make sense? I had planned on picking the kids up yesterday just b/c it was the first day and I have to pick kate up anyway. Well, there was a little incident with the garage door. It was really the fault of the power being out and I had to open the garage door manually which is really a little bit hard. I guess it wasn't all the way up b/c when I backed out, my luggage rack on top of my suburban crashed into the door. Oops. Well, then I was trying to get it back on the track so I could at least get out and I couldn't. Thank goodness for cell phones b/c I called Rick and told him to run to the FC and get kate. I text kate and said that dad was on his way, in the mean time I had to tell Rick why I wasn't going. He does not handle things like accidents and broken garage doors very well. I mean, sometimes, things happen and this is why we have insurance. The garage people are coming this morning. I'm sure we'll need a whole new door which is expensive and if we need a new big door, we'll have to replace the little one b/c they'll have to match. You know I'll let you know. :) Let's see, it is so pretty out this morning. I really need to get out and walk. We must have had a nice cool front come through. I did get my house cleaned yesterday. I did the kitchen, the floors and two bathrooms. I also folded laundry. I think today I will work on baseboards and I should pull grass out of my gardens. My gardens are so pitiful. I just couldn't get into it this year. :( Tonight is the opening ceremonies for the olympics. I just can't get excited about China. I think China does some shady things and I really have no interest in supporting anything Chinese. Now, of course,I hope our Americans do well and I'm sure we'll watch some of the games but I feel bad that they are over there with all the nasty pollution. Blah! Football starts this Sunday for the boys. Can't wait for the games, its going to be a fun season. I really can't wait to see Joe in his uniform. haha, he is going to look so cute. I guess that is about all for now. Hope ya'll have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

less than a week after we bought my lexus the garage door didn't open all the way, I didn't notice as I was backing out and the bottom of the garage door dented and scratched the top of my car. We never got it fixed because of the darn deductible. I'm only 5 ft. so I can't really see it but my 6+ft hubby sees it all the time and gets aggravated all over again. Sheesh! It was 4 freakin' years ago! Get over it already!!!