Saturday, August 9, 2008


Hi! Ahh, we got to sleep in a little bit this morning. Rick got up early and walked, it is so pretty outside. Still low humidity and sunny and even a little breezy not typical for our august but we'll take it. wish we were going to the lake today but now that we are in school and the boys have football tomorrow i think our lake days are coming to an end. :( The kids all had a good start to school this week so I'm thankful for that. Kate went to a get together last night and the boys hung out here at home with me and rick. We watched a lot of the opening ceremonies. I thought the program was really stunning and the Chinese as shady as they are, did a fabulous job! I think I might want to try tai chi. :) Loved seeing W there too and of course Laura. I tried to stay awake to see the Americans walk in to the stadium but I couldn't. I kept falling asleep. I thought they did the parade alphabetically but I guess not, even though we would have been close to the end anyway. I think its fun to see the athletes in their countries colors, all dressed alike.

Today, I'm going grocery shopping and working around the house. I should get outside and get my walk in early. :)

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I couldn't figure out the order the countries walked in, either. Sudan walked in before France or something really weird like that. Talk about sleeping in!! Chris let me sleep until 11 AM!!! I took a bubble bath last night, watched the Olympics for a while and at some point in the night moved onto the couch!

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

They walked in a different way. It was determined by how many China Characters it took to spell their names.....Wacky China :)!