Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hi! Okay, I haven't blogged in a while. Since school has started, we've been busy. I thought maybe we would get to the pool this weekend but we didn't make it. Jack and Joe both had football yesterday morning, I went to a trade market type flea market with my friend Jill. I helped her find some fun things for her b&b. We did go to church last night which was so nice b/c we got to sleep in this morning and just hang out. Kate is feeling better. We told her she could have one night this weekend to do something but thats it as she just gets too run down. She picked Friday night. We went to our neighbors, Randy and Donna's for cocktails on their back porch and ended up staying and watching Michael Phelp's amazingly close race. He is just awesome! Wow! I'm so glad that he got all of his 8 gold medals. Yay Michael. I love seeing how happy his family is for him. I would be the same way if it were my sister or brother. Joe had practice yesterday in full pads. He loves it. He feels totally awesome and big in his football gear. He and Jack have practice this afternoon. I love keeping them busy. Friday I helped with the 6th grade social. It was really fun to see all the kids. They look sooooo young. To think, Kate was just there 3 years ago in 6th grade. Kate is enjoying high school. There is never a dull moment around here. I'm hearing some rumblings about homecoming. We have about 5 weeks til the game/dance. When do boys start asking? Maybe 3 weeks? I don't remember. The thought of finding a dress is a little daunting. I just wore a skirt and sweater but to think that it will still be 95 degrees still, i'm not sure what they girls wear. It is definitely dressier than my homecoming.Valerie!! Remember last year, we were at the game saying that our girls would be there next year. Well, here we are. Crazy

I have to shower so I can go outside and sweat at football. :)

bye

1 comment:

Valerie said...

T & I were talking about homecoming today too! Yes, I remember last year's homecoming game sitting there not comprehending our girls will be in high school. I think Chris is having a hard time w/ this whole freshmen/high school/boyfriend thing. He doesn't say much but it's what he doesn't say.