Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pine Straw, the Puggle & More

Had a fairly decent Monday yesterday. It was actually a nice pretty day even though we had some grouchy babies. Spring weekends are always so fun and busy and come Monday, the babes are just zonked! I popped into the Hoover Urgent care on the way home from work to have a strep test done. Mine was neg. Dr. said I either have a virus or my sore throat is caused by allergies. I bought some claritin D after bootcamp yesterday. I think its helping, at least I hope it is. Kate is better and back at school, unfortunately, her sweet bf is sick. The nasty strep bug is definitley making its way through the classes at HHS. Rick texted this morning and said he is back to 100%! yay!! Also said the numbers were out yesterday and with 8 weeks left to go, his team is #2 in the nation, on track once again for platinum performance. It would be fabulous to get that again. So, yesterday afternoon the pine straw guys came by. I wasn't going to buy any even though I really needed it but I couldn't say no. They are so sweet and I didn't know when they'd be back so I just had them put it down. Thankfully, it all didn't blow away in the storm last night. There is some in the grass that I will go and put back this morning. Dancing with the stars was on last night. James Spann was on there too talking about tornaodes and all the hate mail he was getting because of the severe weather interruption. haha. Its not like they don't have a replay tonight of the dancing even though I do prefer to watch it on Monday night. I'm still pulling for Ralph just because  I love him and he tries so hard, but I really love Chelsea. She loooks like Lauren and she seems to be soo sweet and she can dance! I pulled my yoga mat out last night to do some abs while watching dwts and Owen decided he wanted to do some yoga. He is quite the handful but he is sooo stinking cute. he definitely adds flavor to our house and sometimes a smell that's not so flavorful. Found out one of our sweet families from the play school is having another baby. Baby # 5!! We were just saying the other day that it was about time for them to add on. They're building a gynormous house so I'm happy they're filling it up! The more babies our families have the more job security I have which I love! I'm working tonight in the nursery and tomorrow night too. With Kate's college coming up and gas prices rising, I need all the hours I can get. I'm in a great place right now with the kids and I feel like I can add more hours to my schedule. I called the upholstery guy yesterday but he wasn't home. Not sure when he'll pick up my chair. Not that I'm terribly worried about it as I've had it for 15 years with the same ugly green fabric on it. I need to pull my sewing machine out but I know it has an issue with the needle and I don't want to try and mess with it now but I want to make some fun things too. Its a beautiful morning, I'm hoping to run outside today and work in the yard.  whoo! done with this post. it's long! oh ps.... in one month, Rick and I will be in Hawaii!!! Spa days, zip lining, pool lounging, snorkeling here we come.

No comments: