Sunday, April 3, 2011

mama's bed

Every time I turn around there is a different child sleeping in my bed. Sometimes Jack is in there, sometimes, Joe and sometimes Kate. I have one major rule when it comes to sleeping in my bed, no school clothes!! Blech. school germs are not allowed. But seriously, what is it out my bed that is so great? They love it. It must have something to do with when they were babies and they all slept in there at one time or another. It was warm and comforting. I suppose its a place where they feel safe from this bazaar world they live in. I would love to have a beautiful bed, not the frame so much because I love our bed frame, but the linens, not so much. I'd love to have all white with lots of different silk pillows and fabulous blankets but as long as there are precious children under my roof, that will not be happening, and that is perfectly fine. There is always time for beautiful white linens, someday, they'll have their own bed with their own children snuggled in there. Hopefully when they come home to visit, they'll curl up in my bed.

When Kate and I visited Ole Miss this past fall, we stayed at a super cute b&b. Our room had a bed very similar to the top photo. The headboard was different but the bedding pillows were almost exact. the girls who own the b&b said their grandmother made all the bedding. Ugh! I was wishing my grandomther would make me bedding like that. It was the most comfy bed I'd ever been in besides the bed in Vegas at the Ritz. Getting lost in all the yummy fluffy pillows was just perfect! So, while I dream of a bed such as those pictured, I know that for now, I will have to be content with my basic bedding. Owen would have a blast tearing apart all those pillows!!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I wish that I could make them for all of us....what a lot of fabric!