Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Crazy Storms!

What a crazy day. We woke up to no power this morning. Rick grabbed his Ichabod Crane lantern and woke the kids up. HOover hadn't said a word about school so we had to get ready as if there was school. Kate cannot miss a day or check or out w/o a dr. note. She had to go. By the time she left the storm had passed but the traffice was terrible and there were trees down. Jack and Joe both took the bus but it wasn't long and they called and said, school was canceled and we needed to get them. Crazy HOover! The kids came home, Jack and Joe went up the street and Kate went to see Alex. I cleaned the bathroom, did some yoga and said the rosary. Saying the rosary helps me sit down and take a few min. to just sort of meditate. I also painted some pottery and took a nap. WEird day. Thankfully, we have power again. More storms are on the way and these are supposed to be really bad. I'm sure we'll lose power again. I was talking to Kate the other day about college and such. Rick and I are so happy she is considering a college close to home. She said she doesn't want to miss the boys middle school and high school years. We must be doing something right as parents and instilling a strong sense of family. We were also talkng about how Lauren has lots and lots of weddings to go to this summer and Kate said that her wedding will be very small and not fancy. She has always wanted a small wedding and she said she wants her fiance to wear khaki's and a white shirt, no shoes. She said she isn't wearing shoes either but she said she will have a beautiful dress, knowing Kate and her dresses, I don't doubt that... I love it! I think that is wonderful. I told her if she picked a wedding like that we could give her money towards a house which really makes more sense, I'm always amazed when I hear people spent 40k on a wedding!!!. Who knows, she may change her mind a hundred times before she gets married but I some how doubt it. She said she doesn't want to invite anyone because she has to. She only wants people there that are close to her. She remembers having to invite people to birthday parties and a mother asking for an invite for her child. I mean, really? Celebrations are for close friends and family,  she said, that is just ridiculous, she will never do it again. Love that girl!!!

First flowers from my little garden

I have lots of painting to do! Alabama Goods called again.

No comments: