Saturday, April 9, 2011

dumpster diving so to speak!



This is the vision for the orange chair. Obviously, its not exactly the same but similar. I can't have white either but it will be similiar with a skirt.
I've had a jam packed busy day. Woke up at 6, took the dogs out ate breakfast and then headed off to boot camp this morning. Terri was surprised to see me. Ha! I made it. There were about 10 of us there. The gym was sooo hot but I had a great work out. Rick went to the dr. b/c he didn't feel well and even though the strep test came back neg, the dr. gave him the same prescription the kids have for strep. He has been sleeping all day. Vonnie and I had a totally awesome and successful day. We were going to just sort of do the Pelham thing and hit the stores there but on our way to the gas station we saw that S.P. was having a neighborhood sale and then we popped into a garage sale in W. L. Boom, Jack pot at the one in W. L. I bought a really cute over stuffed chair that is in great shape and is not in need of recovering immediatley for 25.00. The ottoman is also in great shape and it too was 25.00. I was so excited! Then we ate lunch at Zoes and then headed to Encore in Pelham. That store is huge and there is a lot in there that was way too expensive but I did find a really great chair way way in the back of the store. This chair looks like it belongs on the Archie Bunker set but I love it. It has breat bones as they say in the designing world and it is really comfortable. For as old as this chair is it really isn't terribly worn. I told Vonnie I hope noone died in it. lol. Anyay, it was 25.00 and when I have it recovered like the ones I saw in homewood, it will be perfect! The chair in homewood that I liked is 1695.00! Goodness! That is way too much. I ordered the Uppercase Living decal, Dwell in Possibility and I'm going to paint the lollipop flowers on the wall soon. Vonnie also found a super cute desk chair at encore! We decided since the Suburban as stuffed it was time to go home. Kate is out with the photographer working on senior pics. She had a rough night last night with the strep but I think with 24 hours of anitbiotics in her she is feeling better however she missed the ACT this morning. She'll need to make it up in June if we're not at the beach. Joe bought a skate board with his own money today. It was between that or a knife. He and his friend Sam have a knife collection which worries the bajeebies out of me. I was strongly pushing for the skate board! Jack was at his friends all night and I scooped him up on the way home from shopping with Joe. I had a small power nap on my back porch and now I'm ready for the evening which will probably consist of me doing laundry. Always good times here!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

such a wonderful full life !