Thursday, April 14, 2011

blown budget!

I have totally blown the budget this week and I have no idea what I've bought. Welcome to my world... Between, the law banquet, the pine straw, the dr. apts. and who knows what else, I'm out of cash and ready for Friday!! Thankfully, Friday is tomorrow and that is a very very good thing. Spring time is almost as expensive as Christmas with all the birthdays and events and my love of flower shopping. Soon, this week will be a mere blur and th blown budget will be a thing of the past. Thank goodness!! Rick asked why I bought the pine straw when we usually do bark. He knows I just can't say no to someone who really needs the money worse than me and really did need the pine straw. Now, if the steak guy had come to the door, well, I probably would have had to say no. Although, I always find it hard to say no to him too b/c I honestly can't imgaine being a door to door salesperson. I'm just not good at asking people for money. That is why I would be terrible on a charity committee. Rick took Jack shopping last night. I had planned on Kate taking him but Jack didn't want Kate to take him. I knew Rick would not do well trying to pick clothes out for Jack. They ended up calling Kate and she and Alex met them at Kohls. Turns out Jack is in a really strange size right. His waist is a 31 and his in seam is a 26.... Ummm, I think he could definitely use a good growth spurt. Thankfully, Alex came to the rescue and he remembered he had a pair of trousers that he wore a while back that had to be hemmed. Jack has the Metz booty for sure! Now, I have to rummage through his room and find a belt and his shoes I bought him last fall and hope they both fit. He is excited about the banquet and law academy. I just hope he is excited about all the work law academy requires! 17 years ago today, actually exactly today, I was preparing for my big dr. apt. tomrorow. I was hoping it would be my last Dr. Crane apt. and he would induce me. Rick and I were very ready to meet Kathryn Elizabeth! And, 23 years ago, I was very ready to meet the very active baby I was carrying. Lauren Renee was a wild wild baby in there! She flipped and turned and kicked until she came out! Kate wasn't as busy. Joe is home today with possible pink eye. I'm wondering if we'll ever be all better here. Hopefully, we'll hear soon about the pool. Hawaii is coming up, less than a month now. I've been working super hard in boot camp so I'll feel good on our trip. Adding Saturday to my work out schedule should be good too.

No comments: