Saturday, June 28, 2008

I just don't think these little things would work where I live. It would have to be like a v8 engine to get up the hills~
It's Saturday and I think its going to rain today. I keep saying that and then it never does. We need it though. Everything outside is looking a little sad. :( I am getting ready to fire the first batch of bunco bowls! Can't wait to see them. I'm listening to my Mozart cd. I know that my mind is absorbing this music and I'm going to be a more creative person! Listening to this cd, I'm wondering how a person even begins composing music like this. It is amazing! I can't imagine. I was just poking around on the aol home page and it had about 20 pics of how Americans are dealing with the rise in fuel costs. I'm thinking the only good thing that might come out of this issue is that American's waist lines will shrink. Seriously, people are riding bikes when they can, walking more, food is more expensive so they are not eating huge portions. Have you noticed that several of the national brand ice cream companies have started selling their ice cream in containers that are not a full half gal? The price is the same though. Also, the article said that people are ditching their gas powered lawn mowers and using push mowers. I remember my dad had one of these when I was little. But, I'm wondering how may gallons does a gas powered mower take? Maybe 2 and it goes pretty far. Nonetheless, if they're using a push mower, they're getting exercise and that is good. Maybe if people are eating less, walking more, riding bikes more, and push mowing their lawn, we won't have to have such major issues with rising health care costs. I'm a person that will try to see the glass half full, I just do, it's my nature. As much as I do worry about issues, I find its best to see the good things too. (must be the mozart working.lol)

1 comment:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

To see the good in things is a very calming way to live, good for you!!!! I need to run around but for today, I am staying put b/c of how much it would cost in gas. I will just combine trips through the week.....Oh well.