Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Prayer to be of Service




Let's pray together:



Lord God of creation, again we're here, humbly waiting. Always open, praying, seeking, waiting for Your reply, looking for the next step, wanting to have that direction of service that is Yours.



In this do I find my greatest happiness and joy. In this do I find my greatest calling of the heart. In this do I willingly sacrifice the world. For in this, I gain myself, for it's not of the world.



It's of You. And it's You I seek, over and over. And one day I shall surely find you, and we shall find that that oneness has always been the Beloved.



I only pray to make myself available to You, as I know you've always been available to me. Keep the heart open and the eyes firm, and the mind steady on this that I have chosen to come into You.



Let that that would distract me be placed away for others who need to learn of that. But keep me in the heart of Your heart. And keep me in the hearts of my fellow men, that in that place where I reside with them, they find comfort, and that I am not a stumbling block for them. That they would look upon me with a joy, and with the pleasure of saying: "He's my friend." This, then, is the way the cosmic force of love and Light works.



Amen, Lord.



If you care to have that as your own, you may just silently say Amen.

No comments: