Thursday, October 27, 2011

Almost Friday

It's almost Friday! Friday is my favorite day of the week. I don't have to work and its my pay day and in the fall there is Friday night lights. Tonight, though, Hoover plays so a Thursday night game is kind of throwing me off. Hope the Bucs can recover from being beaten by Mt. Brook. Ohh speaking of Mt. Brook, I never did write on here how awful and rude they were last week. Of course Mt. Brook has quite the reputation of being snobby, blah blah blah, well, let me tell you, from what I saw in their closed off parking lot at 5pm to Hoover people, they lived up to their rep. We knew the game would be packed especially since Mt.B only has one side of seating so we left early and headed over to the other side of town. We naively thought we'd have enough time to hang out a bit, visit, eat a little and then head into the game and we even thought, we'd get a good parking place in the parking lot! Knowing the parking lot was fairly small, again, we left early, we got there a little after 5. Mt. B. police were telling people to park on the side streets because the parking lot was full. Well okay then, we did that but what we learned after we were in the game is that the parking people were asking before cars turned in if they were Hoover or Mt. B. If they were Hoover they were directed to park on the street. What in the world? There was a s'mores table set up by the entrance gate but the s'mores were only for Spartan fans. Good grief!! I was good though, I wasn't sassy, maybe an eye roll here and there. Then, we're sitting in the game, and some dumb kid on the mt. b side starts mocking the national anthem. Thankfully, a Brookie daddy grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and put him in his place. Then about 20 min. later a water bottle was thrown into the Hoover parents section from the same group of rude mt. b. kids! Really? Who does this kind of stuff? I think they should have been kicked out, They weren't. Its just a bad idea to have everyone sitting on the same side. With all their money, they need to build a bigger parking lot and a bigger stadium. And this year, the Spartans are good which made it even harder to take! I know a lot of the surrounding communities love to hate Hoover when it comes to football. I totally get that. We're good, and we've had lots of national recognition. I guess jealous spoiled brats take that as opportunity to tell our middle schooler's that Hoover kids are ghetto because they like flat billed hats. Well, I'll take our diverse ghetto flat billed wearing kids any day over rude spoiled mt. brook kids!

No comments: