Monday, October 17, 2011

recap

Here I sit, Monday morning once again. Our weekends in the fall are so jam packed with football and food, it literally wears me out. We did have a great one though and I think I gained 10lbs...Maybe all the food I eat over the weekend helps speed my metabolism up for the week when I work out and don't eat as much. Gosh, I can only hope so. Friday night, we met friends at a yummy pizza place in Vestavai and then walked to the game where Hoover gave the rebels a run for their money but not without our punter getting hurt and needing surgery. Poor Tuck. He has had such a great season. As always though, we had a great time sitting by friends, laughing, joking, watching the game and all the kids. We always say we never quite "get" the routines the dancers do and the whole thing with the frames and easles is a bit strange and seems like a hassle to take out on the field but Kate has some sweet friends on the  team and they always do a great job. Saturday brought another trip to the grocery store. I proceeded to spend another 150.00 on game day food which was fabulous and so yummy!!! I always budget for it so it isn't a big deal. I made my famous tailgate bbq and we had rice crispy treats and Angie brought beans and we even ate real ruffle potato chips! What a treat. It was a great night to watch the game outside in front of the fire. Alabama pummeled Ole Miss, Auburn continued to make all of us mad by beating Florida. Gene Chizick really really needs to ditch the mock collared short sleeve shirt with the zipper. I mean, seriously? Is the guy married? Does his wife see what he is wearing? Dude, it is really bad! Joe had a great weekend hanging with his friends, Jack did too. He had his first golf lesson with Wayne. It's good to know Wayne. He has changed Jack's golf swing already and whoa! What a difference. He and Kyle played golf at the Highlands while Wayne taught his lessons. Kate was with Alex this weekend, no surprise there. She did get in 4 more belle's hours. She only needs about 10 more! Come on Kate, you can do it!!! I worked in the nursery yesterday, went to the grocery store once again for the weeks food and watched the Amazing Race! Gosh, I want to visit Thailand. What a beautiful place it seems to be. This week is Joe's last football game. He is over this team and his mind is thinking about spring workouts for Bumpus. Bumpus football never thrills me. Gah, 7th grade is hardly ever a good experience for the boys unless you're one of the early bloomers....which my boys are not...sigh...

No comments: