Sunday, March 11, 2012

Trying new foods! Well, new recipes at least.

I'm finally using some of the recipes I've saved over the past several months. This morning I made the french toast muffins. I found it more of a pain with the way my kitchen is set up than anything to make these. But just when I think, "ugh, I wish I had a really huge kitchen with a great working flow", I think of people who don't have what I have and people who might have less than that. So, I made the muffins, they are really yummy. I ended up freezing most of them for the week but that's okay. They'll be really good in the microwave with butter and syrup on them for breakfast. Also, I am making the crock pot mashed potatoes. They're going to be so yummy on the hamburger casserole we're having tonight.





Yesterday was beautiful. I ended up running in the afternoon and even got some sun while doing it. Honestly, I think the Bikram yoga is really helping with my stamina and running. Lord knows I'm not a natural runner but I can manage hills and run for a good 45 min. w/o being tired. Hot and sweaty, yes but tired no. So, I probably should look into increasing my distance. I managed to get the grocery shopping out of the way after my run. I went to PUblix armed and ready to buy all the bogo's I wanted and I had my weekly menu with my list in hand which always makes it so much easier for me. I spent a lot less money that way too. Jack had a great day on the golf course. The sun kissed him too. He was exhausted when he came home from the Highlands. Joe had fun hanging with Cherryn and her family. Kate was home fairly early. Joe is back with Cherryn and family, Jack is rummaging through the pantry and Kate is shopping for spring break stuff with Alex! We are eager to get our toes in the sand. We're praying for sunny warm days in Destin!

No comments: