Monday, March 5, 2012

Spicy PopCorn Chicken

I recently read an article on how commercial popcorn chicken and other store bought prepackaged chicken pieces are prepared. It is horrifying. I'm not going into detail about that now, you can google it. So, I was very excited when I found this yummy recipe in my new Eating Well magazine this weekend. I read over the ingredients, I usually turn the page if there are more than three ingredients I can't pronounce but this one looked promising. I had a lot of the items already in my pantry and the chicken was easy enough to prepare. The test would be if Joe and Rick liked it. They are my tough ones. They're always critical and picky. So, I put it together and baked the chicken. I'm happy to report that it was fabulous! Joe loved it and ate all of it, Rick asked for more. I think these would be great for football Saturdays too!!


The Recipe is as follows:

three quarter cup bread crumbs. I actually had Italian one's on hand. They were great!
.5cup pecans
2Tbsp chili powder
.25tsp salt
1 egg white. (I needed 2)
1Tbsp water
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast

1.preheat oven to 450, spray cooking sheet with cooking spray
2.combine breadcrumbs, pecans, chilli powder and salt in a food processor. process until fine. transfer mixture to a shallow dish
3. mix egg white and water, wisk together. add chicken, turn coat and dredge through pecan mix. shake off excess. place on prepared sheet.
4. bake chicken until no longer pink. I baked it about 20 min.

I made a yogurt ranch dressing which was so yummy. I put several cut up pieces on a salad and ate it that way!

Eating well says thre are 291 calories per serving; 14grams of fat

No comments: