Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Several thoughts

Several thoughts have been running through my head. I finished 5 Bikram classes. A friend asked me at bootcamp yesterday if the Bikram yoga is fun...As I was doing sideways frog hops suicide style, I said, no way is it fun but it is fabulous. I cannot even put my finger on why it is fabulous and why I am so looking forward to my next class. It is hot and terribly sweaty and I am putting my body and mind in uncomfortable situations but I always want to go back. I always want to bend more, bend to where it hurts and then come out and feel wonderful. I can already feel my neck coming into alignment I can turn from side to side and it doesn't hurt. It always used to hurt. If everyone did Bikram, chiropractors and massage therapists would be out of business. I will be eager to get to class Friday morning. To go beyond where I went last week. To work on my right hip as it holds so much stress and I'm not sure why. Eventually, it will bend right.

I sat down last night and worked on some bible study homework. I am loving learning about James. Beth Moore is fabulous as always and she certainly has a way of explaining what James was telling the scattered tribes. James was a non believer which is so interesting as he grew up with Jesus. He said, if you are really the son of God then go, go out and show us. Well Jesus did just that and then appeared to James while he was alone after Jesus had died. Whoa! Well, James believed and as Jewish as he was, became a believer in Christ. Last night, I studied the first 8 verses of James. I've always known I can ask God for anything. The trick with this is I'm not sure I always believed He would follow through. James says, ask, ask away but never lack in anything. God knows what we need but He wants us to ask and He wants us to believe  that he will provide.

On a lighter note. We are almost out of the month of January. Jack is 15 and I have his proof of enrollment in my car so we are going to get his permit this week. He needs to study the little book so he can pass! He is doing so great and he is really maturing. Kate worked on stuffing 8,000 Mercedes marathon packets on Sunday, completing the last of her belle's hours. Seems like yesterday we were designing her fabulous dress! She is the proud owner of two prom dresses. We bought a bcbg one but we didn't realize it couldn't be returned and of course she found a different one so she is trying to sell the other one. Both are beautfiul. Rick told her to try and sell it but its not the end of the world if she keeps it. I'm sure she can wear it to a formal next year. Joe needs to get out and practice football. Spring training is just around the corner and with 115 boys going out, he has to look good! No jogging and goofing off!

No comments: