Tuesday, January 3, 2012

backwards steps

I'm going about this a little backwards as I've already posted about new years day and not Christmas '11. We had a really nice holiday, it was busy but it was good. I was a little sad this year as the kids all got big items or not so big but big price tags so there really wasn't much to open. :( I loved it when there were toys everywhere, ha, I say that now but I don't know if I loved it then. I think I did though. We had Lucia's for the 2nd year in a row on Christmas eve. The house looked really pretty and the dinner was yummy. I made Tom and Jerry's, Rick did not like them but I enjoyed one. We watched elf in the man cave and went to bed by 11. The kids slept until 9am and like I said, it was a quiet morning. Everyone was happy and breakfast was yummy and we packed our bags to head to Peoria the next day. Our trip up north was great. We invaded the Shorts house right on time and we had a lot of fun. We saw Mom and Dad adn JJ and Abbie and Lauren and JoJo and old friends here and there. We didn't have snow but I wasn't sad about that. Kate was sad to leave, she always sheds a few tears. She and HOlly really had fun this year.

Kids are back to school tomorrow, I went back today and it was cold outside, too cold to take the little ones out. Hopefully it'll warm up a little bit by Thursday. Most of my Christmas is down, I'm leaving the tree in the front window up through the 6th, for epiphany. We'll settle into our January weekends, they'll be quiet for awhile. I'm in the process of planning sb'12 and booking our condo. the email came about the senior party and what money is owed for it. Kate is saving websites for dorm bedding, prom magazines are coming in the mail, and I need to get with Karen A about graduation announcements. May will be here before we know it!

No comments: