Friday, January 27, 2012

Pranayama

Headed to my 3rd Bikram yoga class this morning. I'm excited to see how my body changes with these classes. AFter a week of working with toddlers and babies and bootcamps and spinning and jogging, Bikram will feel fabulous! The one part of the class that I'm not so sure about is the first breathing exercise. I'm just a little conservative for it yet but eventually I will let it all out. I'm envious of the people who can do that.



 Pranayama (Sanskrit: प्राणायाम prāṇāyāma) is a Sanskrit word meaning "extension of the prana or breath" or more accurately, "extension of the life force". The word is composed of two Sanskrit words, Prāna, life force, or vital energy, particularly, the breath, and "āyāma", to extend, draw out, restrain, or control.

No comments: