Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday in January

The older I get the more I'm able to tolerate the winter. Now, I know I live in the south where winter is more tolerable than the midwest but in central Alabama we still don't have leaves on the trees and our grass is brown and it still frosts over night so it is still winter like. But, I'm more content to just be and enjoy the time at home with the family. Kate and I snuggled on the sofa today and watched cupcake wars before she left to work out. Joe has been up the street most of the day playing and I think he and Connor went to the Y which I love! We aren't joining as I can't pay to do bootcamp and for the Y but when the kids get to go with friends, it's so great. Jack and I were up early this morning, like really early, 6am early for his golf lesson down town. He loves golf so much and he is really trying to get the fundamentals. I don't mind going to the Highland golf club. Its so old and historic over there and I always believe that its good for me to learn new areas of Birmingham. I think UAB is somewhere where Jack might consider going for college. One of Kate's friends signed a golf scholorship there recently and that has kind of peeked Jack's interest. The committees have been set for the big senior party. I still need to send the money in for Kate. I keep forgetting. I've made spring break reservations. We'll have quite the crew this year but I know we'll have fun!

No comments: