Friday, January 6, 2012

Healthy French Toast!



Have to share this fabulous french toast recipe. I've always loved french toast and I've made this recipe with cream cheese but the Greek yogurt is healthier and yummy. Also, I recently read that maple syrup can help with inflammation, the darker the syrup the better...That being said, I don't think Aunt Jemima counts, you have to use the real stuff!
You know if I'm willing to make this, it's yummy and it is super easy and not time consuming!

2 slices of whole wheat bread
2egg whites
.25 cup skim milk
a dash of vanilla
tsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
1tsp brown sugar (sometimes I use 2tsp)
1tsp maple syrup
1cup berries

whisk egg whites, milk and vanilla together, soak bread slices one at a time. melt coconut oil in the skillet and spread around. place bread on skillet, cook as usual. Now comes the yummy part. mix together the Greek yogurt, and brown sugar. cut up strawberries. When french toast is done place on plate, spread the yogurt on top, place some berries there too and a tsp of maple syrup. Do the same with the other slice of bread and enjoy!! I figured there are about 300 calories in this and you'll definitely stay full all morning!

No comments: