Monday, May 30, 2011

Mexican Pony Grass. This plant is so cute!



garden done! now it needs to grow

Garden before I got my hands into it!
I worked super hard on my little garden yesterday. My plan was to get enough dirt to just plant without having to dig into all th stupid rock but my plan failed. I had to dig into all the stupid rock and I'm so sore. I worked for about 3 hours digging and planting. I wonder how many calories I burned? I always wonder that. I planted knock out roses, a gardenia tree (in the corner), 2 russian sage plants, tranferred some pink yarrow, 2 lambs ear and transferred two teddy bear sunflowers and one lemmon thyme. Now it just has to grow and fill in. I also put two Mexican pony grass in the front along with two pink nymphs which are annuals. The pony grass is so cute, I love it! Finally after 8 years my yard is starting to maybe take some shape. As my kids grow and become more independent I know I will need something to nuture. I can definitely see myself being a gardener. I've already planned the next garden in my mind, maybe I'll get to that one before 8 years goes by!  Oh and I was so excited to see a lot of zinnia volunteers from last year! And, the pansies that I pulled out from the front porch pots also left seeds behind because we have new pansies coming up. How fun it will be to have white impatients and purple pansies.

Today we're planning on going to the pool and just hanging out. I think Joe is bringing some friends. I'm eager to settle into our summer routine.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

this looks great and it is only the beginning! well worth all of the effort!