Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday!

Rick said everything around this church was flattened. It is so crazy that this church was left unscathed.

It is a beautiful day today. I was on standby to work this morning but miss Olivia is fine and off to school so no play school for me. I'm really enjoying my time again at the play school. I had my end of the year review and found out that I am going to be in my two's room once again! I'm so excited. All will be right in the world again. Me in my two's room hanging out the door waving to Vonnie and Susan and chatting by the other door with Shawn and Adrianna. Of course, in between those chatting times will be lots of fun filled story time and crafts and singing and dancing. I love my job so very much and I'm thankful to have it. Monday is my last day for the year at least for the play school. I will be sad to say goodbye to the babies in our class. We really love them and they make vonnie and I laugh every single day. I saw one of my babies, Stella last night while I worked in the nursery. Her mom and dad were there for young families and I loved that she knew me and trusted me and came to me for me to hold her. I told her mom that I'll be sad because she won't remember me. That is just part of it. Part of working in the play school. We're never remembered but we alll plant seeds of love that will bloom inside of those sweet children. Even though we work with very young children, I've come to know and learn that it is an important job. We do a lot of play but "Play is a child's work." They must have a loving caring safe environment to play in and I know we do the best at providing that for them. We are also busy planning our two summer camps. We've had a fabulous response already for both sessions. I have to say  that I'm truly enjoying my kids being a little older. I can be working and planning for work without the guilt of not being with them every min. I'm kind of liking that. Rick was in Tuscaloosa yesterday for the whole day. He was amazed at what he saw there. It is all so very sad. He said they went out to an area that was a former trailer park. He said when he got there, there was a guy there who told them he was fine and didn't really need anything. Rick said they told him they were there to help and they could help with removing trees and such. The guy broke down in tears and said he is exhausted and he just can't do it all anymore and he was so glad they were there. This man had been up patroling the area b/c people were looting and such. It is all so sad but there are a lot of volunteers from all over the country. In Rick's group there were people from Birmingham, Savannah, GA & Texas. He said when he was driving into Tuscaloosa he was amazed that he could see the Alabama campus all the way down McFarland Blv. He said stores like Hobby Lobby and Lowes were wiped out,gone.

Kate and I are meeting with Karen Amidon this afternoon to look at her senior pics. Karen said they're awesome and she is so excited to show us. Goodness, this will be expensive! :) Kate is doing so great, she is growing up and making mature decisions. Her friends are good, her work is good, schools is well school and its good but she is tired. We are all ready for summer. Joe had "the video" on Monday. He said they were no big deal but I'm glad he was there to see them. Jack is in the throws of puberty! His voice is changing, he is growing like crazy and he even has a little "stache" Not sure when boys start to shave that. This is a whole new ball game for me. He is so drama free it is wonderful. He has sweet friends that honestly I can't see getting into trouble in high school.

Rick and I have some shopping and planning to do this weekend in preparation for our big trip to Hawaii. I'm still kicking it hard with boot camp. Tatum said she could definitely tell my arms are so much more defined. I told her that was all fine and dandy but I want the pudge to budge on the legs! she laughed and said, it will it all takes time. I know it is working and I know I am so much stronger than I was 7 months ago when I started. I can do frog hops and not pass out  and this sounds crazy but I can do jumping jacks again with out a lot of pain. Some days are better than others, thats just the way life goes.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

you remind me so much of grandma mary ann except you are a whole lot busier. You sound like her when talking about you "babies" She was a good mom and so are you!

Unknown said...

aww. that is so sweet. She was a good mom and a good grandma. I do things that are a lot like her. I don't even realize it until I've said or done it.